Here is a healthier take on Jam Drop biscuits and most ingredients are available through Buda Organic Foods:
- 125g Virgin Coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup (110g) of rapadura (we stock this)
- 110g Pumpkin Seed meal (high in magnesium, great for the prostate – attention gentlemem!)
- 20 Apricot kernels ground (contains B17 which has been shown to kill off cancer cells)
- 1 egg (preferably from our happy hens – see our Clucker Share scheme)
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons of jam (your choice)
- Preheat oven to moderate (180oC/160oC fan forced). Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat coconut oil, extract, sugar, meal and ground apricot kernels in a bowl with a beater (hand or electric) until fluffy. Add egg. beating until just combined; stir in flour.
- Drop level teaspoons of mixture on trays 5cm apart. Use handle of a wooden spoon to make small hole (about 1cm deep) in the top of each biscuit. Fill each hole with jam. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool jam drops on tray